30 second bio 📝
- I'm an actuary at a European insurer. The product I’m responsible for uses rewards to promote healthier living.
- I grew up in Cape Town and currently live in Munich.
- Bookstores are my kryptonite. I usually end up buying five books that I add to the "to-read" shelf.
- Running is my favourite way to make friends in a new city. Big fan of the outdoors.
- I have gone from dog stepdad to saying "good boy" every 5 minutes.
- Currently exploring these 12 Problems.
- I believe more people should start writing online.
I write about the creator economy and strategies to improve your writing.
Favourite long-form essays:
What others have said 🙏
"I’ve read enough of your newsletters now that I actually look forward to receiving them. Keep up the great work." – Tony Lepore
"Your newsletters are great! Keep going :-)" – Paul Millerd
"An amazing newsletter, John! I always look forward to it!" – Christine Trac
"Great newsletter once again. I have come to look forward to reading them :)" - Jo Tilley